bproc_chown -- Change the ownership for a cluster node.
#include <sys/bproc.h> int bproc_chown (int node, int user); int bproc_chgrp (int node, int group); int bproc_chown (int node, int user, int group);
- The node to change ownership of
- The numeric user ID to assign to the node
- The numeric group ID to assign to the node
The owner of the cluster
node is changed. The
user specifies the
desired user ID (UID). The second form, available only with the
BProc v2 compatibility library, sets the group owner to
BProc versions used the values
BPROC_GROUP_ANY. The same effect can be achieved by setting
world-execute permission using bproc_chmod3
See the Administrator's Guide for details of the semantics of node ownership and how the settings interact with schedulers.
Returns 0 on success.
Returns -1 on error, and sets
BProcsystem is not available.
BProcsystem is loaded but not configured or active.
- This process does not have permission to change node ownership.
- Insufficient kernel memory was available to change ownership.